Case Study 2: Using Health Information Exchange to Support Public Health Activities in Western New York: A Case Study (P 281)
Please carefully review the case and answer each discussion question (p293). You can put your answer after each discussion question.
1. What are some other ways in which HEALTHeLINK could be used to support public health activities?
2. What would be necessary in other communities to use their health information exchange or regional health information organizations to support public health?
3. What are ways in which the use of HEALTHeLINK could be improved to maximize public health benefit?
4. Describe the efficiencies achieved by using HEALTHeLINK.
5. Is the use of HEALTHeLINK synchronous or asynchronous? Why?
6. How would involving public health stakeholders from the outset have changed uses of HEALTHeLINK for public health?
7. What are other ways in which HIE can be used for public health beyond what HEALTHeLINK is doing?
8. If you were a public health official involved in HEALTHeLINK, what would your next steps be?
Answer all required questions and provide clear and correct explanations. Writing shows a clear logical link between concepts. Synthesize information from multiple sources (lectures, readings, activities) and derive a conclusion in your own words. The terminology used is clearly defined. Notes: 1. Answer is no less than 500 words 2. References Cited properly, using APA citation style.