In this assignment, you will create a presentation that reflects on your proposed problem of interest and evaluates sampling techniques that would create a meaningful study pertaining to this problem.
Step 1: Reflect on your proposed research question or problem of interest.
Step 2: Consider different sampling techniques.
Think about how you would compare and contrast the following sampling techniques:
· Simple Random Sample
· Stratified Random Sample
· Cluster Random Sample
· Systematic Random Sample
Consider which of these sampling techniques you might employ for your research study. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
Step 3: Consider who your audience might be if you were to deliver your presentation in person.
· What would you want them to know about this topic?
· What would you expect them to already know?
Step 4: Create a 10- to 12-slide presentation that that evaluates and briefly summarizes the various sampling techniques listed in Step 2. Describe the sampling technique(s) you will use in your research and explain how your choice of sampling technique(s) will help you to create a meaningful study cohort.
Address the following questions in your presentation:
· Who/what will your proposed sample consist of?
· How will subjects be recruited?
· Are there any special considerations about your population of interest that might pose barriers to obtaining a sample?
· What are the advantages and disadvantages of the sampling method(s) you plan to use?
· What potentials for error and bias related to sampling exist?